Video Streaming Suggestions
Video streaming typically requires the use of media plugins. While the necessary plugins will often come pre-installed, you may need to install or enable plugins to watch streaming video. We recommend installing the Adobe Flash Player and Microsoft Silverlight plugins if they are available for your system.
While we recommend certain platforms and web browsers, many other operating systems and web browsers can successfully stream videos. For example, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are both known to work on many platforms. Please note that not all features are available to all web browsers on all platforms.
Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10
- Recommended browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 11 or newer
Mac OS X
- Recommended browser: Safari, version 6.0.5 or newer.
iOS, version 9.3 or newer
Android, version 6.0 or newer
- Recommended browser: Google Chrome
- For Android versions 4.0 and earlier, on-demand is supported on many devices. Live streaming is only supported if the Flash plugin is installed.
Please Note: Android has a very rapidly changing ecosystem. As new devices and operating systems are released, we are committed to addressing any issues within 60 days.
Beta and pre-release versions of operating systems and web browsers are not supported.
Note for Google Chrome users:
If you're using an updated version of Chrome, and Flash is not allowed to run, you'll receive an error message stating "Error: No Playable Sources." To work around this change, you have a couple of options.
First, you can adjust a setting in Chrome to allow Adobe Flash to always run (this used to be the default). To do this, follow these steps:
- Open a Google Chrome browser window
- Click the more menu () in the upper right-hand corner of the browser
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings...
- Under the Privacy section, click the Content settings... button
- A Content Settings window opens; scroll down until you see the Flash section
- Select the button labeled Allow sites to run Flash
- Click Done at the bottom right of the window
- Now refresh your page and test to ensure the setting has worked
Alternately, you can opt to use Internet Explorer with Adobe Flash enabled for your Granicus Video Player.
Note for Microsoft Edge users:
If you're using the Microsoft Edge web browser, you'll need to enable Adobe Flash Player in your Edge browser.
To adjust the Edge setting that enables Adobe Flash to run, follow these steps:
- Open a Microsoft Edge browser window
- Click the More menu (...) at the top right
- Select Settings from the menu
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings section and click the View advanced settings button
- Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch On to enable Adobe Flash Player
- Refresh your page or open a new browser tab